[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #41250] History for Compling METv3.0 with gcc-4.4.3

RAL HelpDesk {for John Halley Gotway} met_help at ucar.edu
Mon Oct 4 17:00:59 MDT 2010

Similar to this summer when you helped me get METv2.0 complied using
gcc-4.4.3 on Ubuntu 64-bit, I had issues today getting v3.0 to build
using the gnu compiler set version 4.3.3.
I was able to successfully build METv3.0 on the cluster at work, using
RHEL5 and pgi-9.0.3 without having to modify any source code.  I had to
add a couple of include statements for cstdio to several c++ source
files, but was able to get it to build.  If you like, I can send you a
tar file with the changes.

Cheers,

Ben

--
Benjamin R. J. Schwedler

Yes, please do send us the source code changes you had to make.
Unfortunately, we're only at gcc-4.3.2, so we're not able to easily
test with the latest version.