[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #42058] History for RE: Stat-Analysis Warning Message (UNCLASSIFIED)

RAL HelpDesk {for John Halley Gotway} met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Nov 16 09:52:26 MST 2010

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

I performed a follow-up experiment to test the occurrence of the warning
reported on 27 OCT in the email below.

On 28 OCT 10, My system administrator changed the version of MET we use from
MET V3.0 back to MET V2.0 (specifically "v20p2" with patches).

I confirmed from my account that I was using MET V2.0.

I deleted the 0-sized Stat-Analysis files reported below from my directory.

On 28 OCT, I reran Stat-Analysis for the same case reported below and using
the same Point-Stat .stat files as before and found that the Stat-Analysis
files were not 0-sized and contained normal looking results.

I checked the log file after the run completed and found no warnings or
errors.

I've attached the log file showing the warnings I got BEFORE the switch back
to MET V2.0 and the log file generated AFTER the switch from the rerun which
started on 28 OCT.

The log file names were changed to show "before" and "after" so you know
which log file is which.

All I can conclude now is that this warning seems to be associated with our
implementation of MET V3.0

Any suggestions for troubleshooting?

Thanks.

R/