[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #41833] History for Met Build Problem (pb2nc build?)

RAL HelpDesk {for John Halley Gotway} met_help at ucar.edu
Mon Nov 15 12:13:58 MST 2010

Hello! I am a student at the University of Michigan working with my
professor (Frank Marsik) on a wrf project. We are hoping to use MET to
evaluate the results so I am attempting to install it on our computer, but I
have hit a few hiccups.

during the met build I come across the following error when the pb2nc
application attempts to build:

**** Making pb2nc application ***

> /usr/bin/g++ -o pb2nc pb2nc.cc pb2nc_Conf.o numpbmsg.o openpb.o readpb.o
> dumppb.o \
>     -Wall -Wshadow -static -g -m32  -DMET_BASE=\"/home/wrf/METv3.0\" \
>     -I../../lib -I/home/wrf/netcdf-3.6.0-p1/include -I/usr/local/include
> -I/home/wrf/bufrlib  \
>     -L../../lib -L/home/wrf/netcdf-3.6.0-p1/lib -L/usr/local/lib
> -L/home/wrf/bufrlib /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/3.4.6/libg2c.a \
>     -lbufr -lvx_pb_util \
>     -lvx_contable -lvx_met_util -lvx_analysis_util \
>     -lvx_gdata -lvx_wrfdata -lvx_contable -lvx_met_util -lvx_grib_classes \
>     -lvx_econfig -lvx_gsl_prob -lgsl \
>     -lvx_plot_util  -lvx_render -lvx_pxm -lvx_color -lvx_ps -lvx_afm \
>     -lvx_data_grids -lvx_gnomon -lvx_nav -lvx_cal -lvx_util -lvx_math -lm \
>     -lnetcdf_c++ -lnetcdf \
>     -lg2c  -lgfortran
> /home/wrf/netcdf-3.6.0-p1/include/netcdfcpp.h:175: warning: $-1��class
> NcTypedComponent��-A has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
> /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible ../../lib/libvx_pb_util.a when searching
> for -lvx_pb_util
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lvx_pb_util
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[3]: *** [pb2nc] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
> make[1]: *** [targets] Error 2
> make: *** [all] Error 2*

My make file for reference:

*# Path to GNU Make command*
> *MAKE         = /usr/bin/make*
>
> *# Architecture flags*
> *ARCH_FLAGS   = -DBLOCK4*
>
> *# Path to the C++ Compiler*
> *# C++ compiler flags*
> *# Any additional required libraries*
> *CXX          = /usr/bin/g++*
> *CXX_FLAGS    = -Wall -Wshadow -static -g -m32*
> *CXX_LIBS     =*
>
> *# Path to the Fortran Compiler*
> *# Fortran compiler flags*
> *# Any additional required libraries*
> *FC           = /usr/bin/g77*
> *FC_FLAGS     = -Wall -Wshadow -static -ff2c -g -m32*
> *FC_LIBS      = -lgfortran*
>
> *# Make print options*
> *PRINT_OPTS   = --no-print-directory*
>
> *# Top level directory for the NetCDF library*
> *# NetCDF include directory specified as: -I/your/include/path*
> *# NetCDF library directory specified as: -L/your/library/path*
> *NETCDF_BASE  = /home/wrf/netcdf-3.6.0-p1*
> *NETCDF_INCS  = -I$(NETCDF_BASE)/include*
> *NETCDF_LIBS  = -L$(NETCDF_BASE)/lib*
>
> *# Top level directory for BUFRLIB*
> *# BUFRLIB include directory specified as: -I/your/include/path*
> *# BUFRLIB library directory specified as: -L/your/library/path*
> *BUFR_BASE    = /home/wrf/bufrlib*
> *BUFR_INCS    = -I$(BUFR_BASE)*
> *BUFR_LIBS    = -L$(BUFR_BASE)*
>
> *# Top level directory for the GNU Scientific Library (GSL) if it's not*
> *# installed in a standard location.*
> *# GSL include directory specified as: -I/your/include/path*
> *# GSL library directory specified as: -L/your/library/path*
> *GSL_BASE     = /usr/local*
> *GSL_INCS     = -I$(GSL_BASE)/include*
> *GSL_LIBS     = -L$(GSL_BASE)/lib*
>
> *# Top level directory for the F2C or G2C Library if it's not installed in
> a*
> *# standard location.*
> *# F2C include directory specified as: -I/your/include/path*
> *# F2C library directory containing libf2c.a or libg2c.a and specified as:
> *
> *# -L/your/library/path*
> *# Name of the library to be used: -lf2c or -lg2c*
> *# NOTE: Only required for the GNU g77 Fortran compiler*
> *F2C_BASE     =*
> *F2C_INCS     =*
> *F2C_LIBS     = /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/3.4.6/libg2c.a*
> *F2C_LIBNAME  = -lg2c*
>
> *# Optional flags to disable the compilation of MET tools*
> *# Specify a non-zero value to disable the compilation of the tool*
> *DISABLE_PCP_COMBINE   = 0*
> *DISABLE_GEN_POLY_MASK = 0*
> *DISABLE_MODE          = 0*
> *DISABLE_GRID_STAT     = 0*
> *DISABLE_PB2NC         = 0*
> *DISABLE_ASCII2NC      = 0*
> *DISABLE_POINT_STAT    = 0*
> *DISABLE_WAVELET_STAT  = 0*
> *DISABLE_ENSEMBLE_STAT = 0*
> *DISABLE_STAT_ANALYSIS = 0*
> *DISABLE_MODE_ANALYSIS = 0*
> *DISABLE_TOOLS         = 1*

Thanks much,
--
Gavin D. Chensue
University of Michigan - College of Engineering