[Met_help] Greetings

Tressa Fowler tressa at ucar.edu
Fri Feb 12 08:37:50 MST 2010

Paul,

This is a good answer. I would add one more comment.

Though a model analysis field can be used as an 'observation', caution
should be exercised in interpreting the results. Model analysis fields
are not independent of the model forecast, and thus will probably
yield better statistics than the forecast deserves.

Tressa