[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #40169] History for about the calculation of intensity in the mode step

RAL HelpDesk {for John Halley Gotway} met_help at ucar.edu
Fri Aug 20 10:00:17 MDT 2010

Dear sir:

     Could you tell me the specifc formula of how to calculate the intensity in the mode step? I have checked the user guider and the paper 'objected-based verification of precipitation forecast' published in Monthly Weather Review,2006. But still could not figure out how? Does the high percentiles represent heavy rainfall?

     Thanks!

Kefeng

2010-08-18

zhucoffee