[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #40305] History for Mode CTS file

RAL HelpDesk {for John Halley Gotway} met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Aug 25 09:47:06 MDT 2010

Do any of the analysis programs summarize these files or do we have to write our own routines for this?

Subject: Re: [rt.rap.ucar.edu #40305] Mode CTS file
From: John Halley Gotway
Time: Tue Aug 24 14:59:19 2010

Bob,

No, neither Stat-Analysis nor MODE-Analysis parses the output of the
MODE CTS file.  So you're be stuck reading it yourself.  I believe
this is the first inquiry we've received about the MODE-CTS
output.  We wrote those files for comparison purposes, and it isn't
really the primary output of MODE.

One alternative would be, after running MODE, you could run the Grid-
Stat tool on the same forecast/observation files and compute
traditional statistics - including CTS data.  Then you could use the
STAT-Analysis tool to parse and analyze the output from Grid-Stat.

John Halley Gotway
met_help at ucar.edu