[Met_help] pcp_combine

John Halley Gotway johnhg at ucar.edu
Fri Apr 9 10:24:17 MDT 2010

Jianting,

Thanks for sending the sample data.  I retrieved it from the FTP site and ran it through pcp_combine here.  I ran it through pcp_combine in two ways: once using the pcp_combine code as originally
released, and once using the pcp_combine code after applying all the latest patches posted on the MET website (http://www.dtcenter.org/met/users/support/known_issues/METv2.0/index.php).

In both cases, pcp_combine ran fine and created an output file - no NetCDF errors.  I've attached the resulting NetCDF file.  However, I would like to point out that you really don't need to run
pcp_combine to subract 24-hour accumulation minus 0-hour accumulation.  The 0-hour accumulation should contain zero precip values anyway.  So you could just use the 0-24 hour GRIB file in the other
MET tools directly.

Since you're seeing this NetCDF problem when you run PCP-Combine, I'm wondering if you could take a step back and try running the test script:
  cd METv2.0/scripts
  ./test_pcp_combine.sh >& test_pcp_combine.log

That'll run the PCP-Combine test script and dump its output to a log file.  I'm wondering if you'll see NetCDF errors there as well.