[Met_help] Problem with ascii2nc

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Thu Oct 1 14:13:27 MDT 2009

Nichole,

I'd suggest grabbing the latest bug fixes we have posted for METv2.0,
rebuilding, and then trying again.  There was a memory issue we found that
showed up when running a lot of observations through ASCII2NC.  It's
possible that this may be causing the behavior you're seeing.

Please retrieve the file: METv2.0_patches_20090805.tar.gz
>From the page:
http://www.dtcenter.org/met/users/support/known_issues/METv2.0/index.php

And follow the instructions on the page for how to apply the bug fixes.
That page also includes details on the bug that may be causing this.

If you already have the latest bug fixes, or you're still having problems
after you apply them, just let us know.  At that point, I'd have you send
me a sample ASCII file, and I'd debug it from there.

Thanks and good luck.

On a side note... I'm glad to see folks from SLU using MET.  I'm from St.
Louis myself, attended SLU-High, and my machine at work is even named
"billiken".  Small world.

John Halley Gotway
johnhg at ucar.edu