[Met_help] Problem with ascii2nc

Nichole McKinney nmckinne at slu.edu
Thu Oct 1 09:58:40 MDT 2009

Hello,

I am trying to get my data in netcdf format from ascii format and using the
ascii2nc converter.   I have roughly 120,000 data points and when I run the
converter for all of the points (lines in the ascii file) I get an error
message "ERROR: write_met_obs() -> valid time is not in the expected
YYYYMMDD_HHMMSS format: 20090507_120000", but when I run it for less data (I
have tried 70,000 points) it works fine.   All of my data has the same time
20090507_120000, so I can't understand why that would be the problem.  It
seems to me like the ascii file is too big when I use all of the lines and
the converter crashes.  I would appreciate any insight to this problem.
Thanks so much for your time and help.

Nichole McKinney
Saint Louis University