[Met_help] netcdf forecast file support in point_stat

Paul Oldenburg pgoldenb at ucar.edu
Fri Nov 6 10:43:49 MST 2009

Darren,

MET should work with any GRIB data that's on a lat/lon, lambert
conformal, mercator, or polar stereographic projection.  There are
definitions of pre-defined NCEP grids in MET, but only to be used as a
convenient way of defining masking, or verification, regions.

WPP outputs GRIB data which contains the definition of the grid on which
the data resides.  MET parses that grid definition from the GRIB file
and uses that grid.

MET should work just fine over Alberta/BC in western Canada.

Paul