[Met_help] Information about accumulation precipitation

Francesco Piani piani at lamma.rete.toscana.it
Mon May 11 07:52:55 MDT 2009

Hi all.
I'm using MET to verify the performances of WRF over Tuscany Region.
I want to use Point-Stat tool to match station data and QPF over 24hours.
I saw in the User-Guide that PCP-Combine has a NC files as output but Point-Stat want a GRIB file in input. So I used GrADS to accumulate precipitation and I write a program in C++ to re-obtain a GRIB files to ingest into Point-Stat.
Is there some other method to aggregate 3-hr precipitation over a different interval, obtaining GRIB file, without passing through GrADS?
Is one of your future goal to permit NC input files also for Point-Stat?

Thanks for your kindness.

Francesco Piani

Dott. Ing. Francesco Piani
Weather Forecaster
LaMMA Consortium - Hydrological Service Tuscany Region
Via Madonna del Piano 10
Sesto Fiorentino (FI)
piani at lamma.rete.toscana.it
francesco.piani at regione.toscana.it