[Met_help] stat_analysis for neighborhood grid_stat output

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Tue Mar 24 13:18:47 MDT 2009

Jonathan,

Good question.  The short answer is not really, but yes for the upcoming
release of METv2.0.

Here's the long answer...
As of at least METv2.0beta7 (and maybe earlier), you can aggregate
together the NBRCTC lines to sum up the counts.  However, there isn't a
job to convert those aggregated NBRCTC counts into an NBRCTS line.  To
aggregate the NBRCTC counts, you run the "stat_job_aggr" job with
"-line_type NBRCTC".

However, as of METv2.0beta10 (which we built this morning), you can do both:
aggregate the NBRCTC lines and convert it to an NBRCTS line.  For this
release, we've shortened the job names a bit.  Here's what you'd do:

(1) To aggregate NBRCTC lines and dump out the aggregated line:
-job aggregate -line_type NBRCTC
(2) To aggregate NBRCTC lines and create an output NBRCTS line:
-job aggregate_stat -line_type NBRCTC -out_line_type NBRCTS

Since you've been running a beta release, just let me know if you're
interested in testing out METv2.0beta10.  I could post it to an FTP site
if you'd like.  We're hoping this'll be the last beta release before the
official METv2.0 release.  We're finishing up testing and documentation
right now.