[Met_help] wind direction or other parameters in MET (UNCLASSIFIED)

Sauter, Barbara (Civ, ARL/CISD) bsauter at arl.army.mil
Tue Mar 24 14:29:32 MDT 2009

Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Wind Direction doesn't seem to be a choice for either PointStat or the
WRF Post Processor. Is that correct?

If I have both an observed parameter and the forecast value from the
post-processed WRF file for that parameter other than the 10 listed in
the PB2NCConfig and VSDB_Analysis documentation, will PointStat (and
VSDB_Analysis) handle it?

I like the verification tables listed on the White Sands Missile Range
4DWX web page (example attached), although there's not an equivalent
table for surface data, just charts.  I believe the site-specific 4DWX
system was developed by NCAR before the MET was developed.  Were some of
the same people involved?

Thanks,
Barb

Barb Sauter