[Met_help] GRIB files

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Tue Mar 10 09:44:31 MDT 2009

Mark,

Unfortunately, I do not know of any straight-forward way to post-process your WRF output files for use in MET other than by using WPP.

However, I did speak with the folks who provide support for WPP this morning, and they assured me that this issue will be fixed in the next version of WPP - due to be released with WRFv3.1 no later
than the end of this month.  If you're under a big time crunch, they may be able to get you a beta version of WPP to test out - in a week or two - before WRF is actually released.  Just contact
wrfhelp is you'd like to pursue that.

I'd say that's your best bet.

johnhg at ucar.edu