[Met_help] GRIB files

Mark Seefeldt mark.seefeldt at Colorado.EDU
Mon Mar 9 18:19:29 MDT 2009

I am trying to use the point_stat tool for comparisons of WRF output to
observations for a model sensitivity study.  We are running month-long
simulations.  In the process of creating the GRIB files using WPP, I
have come across a small bug/design error.  The forecast hour is only
able to go up to 256 hours and my simulations run out to 31 days, or
some 768 hours.  I have contacted wrfhelp regarding this problem, they
have verified it, and will at some point release a fix to it.  However,
until then I am still stuck.  Are there any other methods with which I
can get the WRF data to be used by MET, other than GRIB files from WPP?

Thanks

Mark Seefeldt