[Met_help] Weird WRF files

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Wed Jul 29 12:00:08 MDT 2009

Remi,

Thanks for sending these files.  I ran the 3-hour and 6-hour accumulations through MODE (july22_wrk.grb vs july23_wrk.grb), and I'm just not seeing anything that looks weird.  For example, I've
attached the first page of the 3-hour MODE run, and it looks fine to me.  I remember the objects looking really "fuzzy" on the tutorial machine for some reason, but I'm not seeing that now.

My guess is that the image viewer we were using on the tutorial machine had defaults set to make things look fuzzy for some reason - "dithering" could do that I think.

Am I remembering the problem correctly?

Hope you have a good trip back home.

johnhg at ucar.edu