[Met_help] help with copygb

Jeffrey Duda jdduda at iastate.edu
Tue Dec 22 11:00:57 MST 2009

Hello,
I am trying to use the copygb utility included with the WPP software to
regrid Stage IV precip data from its original grid to the same grid as my
WRF model runs.  I have read the usage guide in copygb.doc, but it isn't
helping me with what specifically I want to do.  I have GRIB files for both
sources (ST4.2008071918_01h and WRFPRS_d02.012_00 are my GRIB files for the
Stage IV data (left) and my WRF output (right)).  My issue is with the grid
flag option "-g".  I want to copy the Stage IV data to be on the same grid
as my WRFPRS file.  I figure that means I need to have the grid flag option
set at "-4", but I get errors when trying to run it.  Here is the command
line I'm using:

* ./copygb.exe -g-4 -b WRFPRS_d02.012_00.idx -a ST4.2008071918.01h
ST4.2008071918.01h.idx WRFPRS_d02.012_00*

And I get this error:
*copygb: unsupported output grid -4*

I don't want to put in a positive number because that means copygb will try
to copy the Stage IV data onto an AWIPS grid, and I don' want that.  How do
I get it to copy to my WRF output grid?

Thanks.

Jeff Duda

--