[Met_help] Mods for Point-Stat

John Halley Gotway johnhg at ucar.edu
Fri Dec 11 10:36:32 MST 2009

Ruifang and Kathryn,

Please take a look at the attached file "point_stat.cc".  Search in there for my initials, "JHG".  You'll see that I've added a section of code right after we read in the observation values.  In
there, I added a check to skip any observations of UGRD (u-component of wind) that are >= 60.0 m/s.  Feel free to modify this however you'd like - change that value of 60, add other filtering
options... whatever makes sense for your application.

Also, please let me know how this works out for you.  If this type of simple filtering provides you with the functionality you need, we could consider adding it to the next release of MET.

So take the attached file, copy it into "METv2.0/src/point_stat/point_stat.cc" and recompile MET.

Also, if you haven't already done so, you should grab the latest patches for METv2.0 from:
http://www.dtcenter.org/met/users/support/known_issues/METv2.0/index.php
Read and follow the directions at the top of the page.  Please note, if you update METv2.0 with the patches, do so FIRST and then copy over the attached version of point_stat.cc SECOND.

Hope that does the trick.