[Met_help] fm theo carter dubai re: failure during make

Theo Carter thibidottwo at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 28 22:43:01 MDT 2009

Hi,

I wonder if you can help or if you have come across this problem before? While running make on a very generic basic Pentium 4 32-bit using gfortran, gcc and g++ compilers within a CentOS 5.3 OS (RHEL 5 clone) the build fails with the following output.

/wrf/extralibraries/libbufr.a(ufbevn.o): In function `ufbevn_':
ufbevn.f:(.text+0xa6e): undefined reference to `nvnwin_'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [pb2nc] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [targets] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

BUFRLIB was built on the same machine.

I then end up with only gen_poly_mask, grid_stat, mode and pcp_combine executables in my /bin.

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks,
Theo Carter