[Met_help] fm theo carter dubai re: failure during make

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Wed Apr 29 06:38:24 MDT 2009

Theo,

Based on that error message, I'd guess that there's an issue with your version of BUFRLIB.

Where did you obtain the version of BUFRLIB you're using?  Is by any chance part of WRF-Var?  If so, that version may or may not work.

For compiling MET, be sure to use the version that's distributed by NCEP: http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/sib/decoders/BUFRLIB

The following 3 commands should work to compile this version of BUFRLIB with gcc/gfortran:
      gcc -c -DUNDERSCORE *.c
      gfortran -c -DUNDERSCORE -fno-second-underscore *.f *.F
      ar crv libbufr.a *.o

These were taken from the METv2.0 Online Tutorial: http://www.dtcenter.org/met/users/support/online_tutorial/METv2.0/compilation/req_libs.php

Please try rebuilding BUFRLIB and recompiling MET to see if that fixes the problem.

johnhg at ucar.edu