[Met_help] PB2NC Error

Neil Davis neild at email.unc.edu
Thu Sep 18 09:45:06 MDT 2008

I am trying to run PB2NC on data I obtained through the DSS system.  The
DS number is ds461.0 and it is NCEP-ADP SURFACE data.  I wrote a script
which blocks this data, and then I try to run the PB2NC tool.  I receive
the following error:

ERROR: process_pbfile() -> the observation time should remain the same
for all PrepBufr messages: 1179244800 != 1179241200

I receive this for all of the files I have used.  I am using the default
configuration file, found in data/configuration, however I did change it
to only use the surface data.

Is MET compatible with this data, and if not is there other data which I
can use that is a global dataset.

Thank you,
Neil Davis
Research Associate
Institute for the Environment - UNC Chapel Hill