[Met_help] WRF utility

Michael D Mcatee Michael.McAtee at aero.org
Fri Sep 5 12:05:16 MDT 2008

I'm trying to use MET to verify ARW forecasts.  I'm planning on using the
WRF PostProcessor to convert ARW netCDF files on the model vertical
coordinate to output field on pressure surface on an unstaggered grid in
GRIB1 format.  However the WRF post processor docs indicate that the WRF
netCDF output used can only have one frame (all variable at one output
time) per file.  All of the ARW file I would like to verify have all
forecasts hours (multiple frames) in one file.  Do you know of any utility
that can extract a single frame from a ARW netCDF file that contains
multiple frame and write that single frame to a separate netCDF file?

Mike

Michael D. McAtee, Ph.D.
Senior Project Engineer, Meteorological Satellite Systems
The Aerospace Corporation
101 Nelson Drive
Offutt, AFB, NE 68113-1023
email:  michael.mcatee at aero.org