[Met_help] I got compiling error when I build MET using gcc!!!

Xie Xin xiexin at lasg.iap.ac.cn
Sat Nov 15 07:48:58 MST 2008

hi,

According to the manual, I have set up all the needed libs and began to
build MET. I want to use gcc so I cp the Makefile_gnu to Makefile.
However, I got error when I make.

*** Making vx_analysis_util Library ***

/usr/bin/g++ analysis_utils.cc -Wall -Wshadow -static -c -I..
analysis_utils.cc: In function `int all_digits (const char *)':
analysis_utils.cc:94: `isdigit' undeclared (first use this function)
analysis_utils.cc:94: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
for each function it appears in.)
make[3]: *** [analysis_utils.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [vx_analysis_util_all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [libs] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

It seemed that function isdigit was not declared in the header files.
Then I found that the declaration of isdigit() is in the ctype.h so I
add #include "ctype.h" in anylysis_utils.cc. But I got another error
complaining memcpy() was not declared. I wonder if there is a serious
NOT-DECLARATION bug in your code. Would you give me some suggestion how
this could be solved?

Thank you very much!

Xie Xin