[Met_help] I got compiling error when I build MET using gcc!!!

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Mon Nov 17 10:30:01 MST 2008

Xie Xin,

A few users have reported a similar error but when using the PGI compilers to compile the PB2NC tool.  I'm not aware of other users experiencing the problem you're seeing.

Could you please send me a copy of the Makefile you're using as well as all of the output from "make"?

Please do the following from the top-level METv1.1 directory:
> make clean
> make >& make_met.log&
And send me a copy of "make_met.log".

Also, can you tell me what type of operating system you're running, and which version of the GNU compilers you're using:
> g++ --version

Hopefully we can get this figured out.

johnhg at ucar.edu