[Met_help] archived prepbufr data (UNCLASSIFIED)

Sauter, Barbara (Civ, ARL/CISD) bsauter at arl.army.mil
Thu Nov 6 15:25:27 MST 2008

Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Hello,
     I know I can get recent prepbufr observation files matching the
ones in the MET sample_obs directory (e.g.,
ndas.t00z.prepbufr.tm12.yyyymmdd.nr) from the NCEP ftp site.
     However, I was asked if I could run MET for a model run from
November 2007.  Based on information from NCEP, I contacted NCDC.  They
indicated that they archive gdas data but not ndas data.  Does it have
to be an ndas file for use with the Point-Stat tool in MET?

Thank you,
Barb Sauter
(575) 678-2840
bsauter at arl.army.mil