[Met_help] Re: [Fwd: MIT science meeting presenatations]

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Mon Nov 3 16:15:36 MST 2008

Huaqing,

I did a quick review of the two presentations, and overall, they looked fine to me.

Looks like in the shorter one, you're showing the fcst matching but have removed the plots showing the obs matching and fcst+obs matching.  Personally, if I had to pick one, I'd pick showing the
fcst+obs matching over the just fcst matching.  I like that it includes both the misses and false alarms in the results.

It's really interesting to see these plots of object counts and object areas side by side.  You may want to try to fix the scale on the y-axis though so that it stays fixed on all the plots, maybe
0.50 to 1.0.  I could help you with that if you'd like.

John