[Met_help] Several questions about MET

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Thu Jun 19 14:19:44 MDT 2008

Jan,

I have a guess as to what's going wrong.  Please replace your version of "METv1.0/src/grid_stat.cc" with the version that's attached to this email.  Then do a "make clean" and rebuild MET.

Please let me know if this fixes the problem you're seeing.  This is a bug of sorts that we've fixed for METv1.1.  It only shows up on certain machines and compilers.  But we were doing some "risky"
things in the code with strings that we shouldn't have been doing.  If you run into this error from other MET tools, let me know, and I'll patch it up for you.  And as I mentioned, it'll be fixed in
METv1.1.

It looks like the PCP-Combine observation output you sent is fine.  For some reason, the forecast file appears to contain all zeros.  Perhaps the forecast file was damaged in transmission.