[Met_help] question about point station verification

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Thu Jun 19 11:08:26 MDT 2008

LJ,

The METv1.0 tarball available on the website has NOT been updated with the fixes listed on the "known problems" page.  Sorry for the inconvenience, but you'll need to grab those manually.

We're getting ready for the release of METv1.1 in the next month or so which will include some upgrades and many bug fixes.  I suggest you grab the new version when I becomes available.  We'll send
out an email to all the registered users at that point.

Regarding your question, we require users to specify a masking region to define the areas over which they would like to accumulate their statistics.  In Point-Stat, those masking regions may either be
a grid, a polyline, or the name of individual stations.  If you'd like to accumulate statistics over your entire domain, I'd suggest defining a lat/lon polyline that fully encompasses your domain.
Then list that polyline in the configuration file.  The polyline does not need to be exactly along the boundary of your domain.  Instead, just choose 4 lat/lon corner points that fully encompass your
domain.

Does that make sense?

Thanks,
John Halley-Gotway