[Met_help] If I want to use precip files....?

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Mon Jul 14 13:57:06 MDT 2008

Erik,

Good luck with your upcoming defense.

Generally speaking, the Grid-Stat and MODE tools in MET may be used to compare any two gridded fields that are in GRIB format or the NetCDF format MET expects.  So from a technical standpoint, you
could certainly compare your model output to reanalysis data - which I believe is available GRIB format.

 From a scientific standpoint, as to whether or not that's a worthwhile thing to do, I can't provide much advice.  In MET we're trying to provide a set of verification tools that's as flexible as
possible.  Exactly how you use them though is up to you.

John