[Go-essp-tech] Early draft of ESGF THREDDS profile document

Williams, Dean N. williams13 at llnl.gov
Mon Mar 12 05:55:36 MDT 2012

Hi Stephen,

This is great that you are taken this on. Can you post your document on the esgf.org website so that we can follow along and make comments?

Thanks and best regards,
Dean

From: "stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk<mailto:stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk>" <stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk<mailto:stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk>>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 04:48:39 -0700
To: "go-essp-tech at ucar.edu<mailto:go-essp-tech at ucar.edu>" <go-essp-tech at ucar.edu<mailto:go-essp-tech at ucar.edu>>
Subject: [Go-essp-tech] Early draft of ESGF THREDDS profile document

Dear all,

There has been lots of discussion recently about future possibilities for the ESGF dataset architecture.  Therefore  I'm sharing an early draft of a document to define the relationship between ESGF and THREDDS XML.  There are still many missing pieces and inconsistencies to address but I hope it's in a shape suitable for discussion.  In various places I'll need help to clarify how THREDDS is being used.

In the final section I take a stab at a dataset representation independent of THREDDS that could be used to create hash-based dataset identifiers which is of direct relevance to the recent CMIP6+ thread.

Comments welcome.

Cheers,
Stephen.

---
Stephen Pascoe  +44 (0)1235 445980
Centre of Environmental Data Archival
STFC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Harwell Oxford, Didcot OX11 0QX, UK