[Go-essp-tech] Early draft of ESGF THREDDS profile document

stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk
Mon Mar 12 05:48:39 MDT 2012

Dear all,

There has been lots of discussion recently about future possibilities for the ESGF dataset architecture.  Therefore  I'm sharing an early draft of a document to define the relationship between ESGF and THREDDS XML.  There are still many missing pieces and inconsistencies to address but I hope it's in a shape suitable for discussion.  In various places I'll need help to clarify how THREDDS is being used.

In the final section I take a stab at a dataset representation independent of THREDDS that could be used to create hash-based dataset identifiers which is of direct relevance to the recent CMIP6+ thread.

Comments welcome.

Cheers,
Stephen.

---
Stephen Pascoe  +44 (0)1235 445980
Centre of Environmental Data Archival
STFC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Harwell Oxford, Didcot OX11 0QX, UK