[Go-essp-tech] CMIP5 Web interface requirements matrix

stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk
Tue Jan 10 07:31:43 MST 2012

Dear all,

To help the CMIP5 centres plan our upgrade to the next major release of the CMIP5 archive system BADC has been collating a
spreadsheet of web interface requirements with input from PCMDI, DKRZ and MOHC (see attached).  We hope to use this sheet as a tool to plan migration of the CMIP5 web interface at the main CMIP5 centres: PCMDI, BADC and DKRZ.

The sheet is still work in progress and there is lots to discuss and clarify.  I have begun to suggest scores for the three systems being considered, Gateway 1.3.4, Gateway 2.0 and P2P, but these are speculative at this stage, particularly for the P2P system with which I have the least experience.

If there is time I'd like to briefly introduce the sheet at the GO-ESSP telco today and schedule a time for a more thorough discussion.

Cheers,
Stephen.

---
Stephen Pascoe  +44 (0)1235 445980
Centre of Environmental Data Archival
STFC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Harwell Oxford, Didcot OX11 0QX, UK