[Go-essp-tech] CMIP5 publishing to Gateway and P2P nodes

Serguei Nikonov serguei.nikonov at noaa.gov
Fri Feb 10 11:07:54 MST 2012

Hi Bob, Gavin.

We are going to upgrade data node to P2P version here in GFDL and before that we
need to clear up some questions:
- first of all, what the robust and working version is and when it will be
   released if it's not yet?
- after installation, should our publications be indexed on our own node or
   do we still "publish to PCMDI"?
- Is it possible to install it without republishing datasets we have?
- For avoiding time when system will be out of operation we would like to run
   2 systems (old Data Node and P2P) in parallel for some period of time till
   all tweaks and tuning will be done and new system will be stable. Is it
   possible to have to data nodes providing the same data in Federation?

Other question is about status of pcmdi3 - was it down on Feb 8? I could not
access to any dataset that day - neither GFDL's, nor others centers. Also after
that day all GFDL datasets are not downlodable from thredds catalog
(e.g.https://esgdata.gfdl.noaa.gov/thredds/esgcet/1/cmip5.output1.NOAA-GFDL.GFDL-CM3.historical.day.atmos.day.r1i1p1.v20110601.html?dataset=cmip5.output1.NOAA-GFDL.GFDL-CM3.historical.day.atmos.day.r1i1p1.v20110601.pr_day_GFDL-CM3_historical_r1i1p1_18650101-18691231.nc).
But at the same time they are  healthy on pcmdi - searchable, downloadable. I
recall we had similar situation 2 months ago which you fixed tweaking something
on pcmdi side.

Thanks,
Sergey,