[Go-essp-tech] Incorrect dataset names

Bryan Lawrence bryan.lawrence at ncas.ac.uk
Wed Oct 5 05:19:11 MDT 2011

Hi Jamie

CMIP5 is different from IPCC!

Data in the cmip5 archive will arrive after the ipcc cut-off etc ... and we will tag specific version of data that were present in time as IPCC later ...

Cheers
Bryan

> Hello,
>
> I may be missing something here (either political or technical that I
> don't know about) but this feels like a problem you can live with.  So
> what about:
>
> Method C:
>
> Don't fix anything for these old data sets.
> Start a **single** errata page that all the gateways point to.  Item 1
> on on the errata page says something like:
>
> 'Some early datasets have been assigned an incorrect Project in the xxx
> database which affect the yyy view on the data.  For datasets with
> Project = CMIP5 / IPCC Fifth Assessment Report, please read Project =
> CMIP5'
>
> Jamie

Bryan Lawrence
University of Reading:  Professor of Weather and Climate Computing.
National Centre for Atmospheric Science: Director of Models and Data.
STFC: Director of the Centre for Environmental Data Archival.
Ph: +44 118 3786507 or 1235 445012; Web:home.badc.rl.ac.uk/lawrence