[Go-essp-tech] Consistency Across Gateways

Williams, Dean N. williams13 at llnl.gov
Thu May 19 13:54:04 MDT 2011

Dear Colleagues,

    Karl and I were going through the federated gateways to test if the gateways are indeed showing and returning the same results. We are receiving complaints that some gateways show, for example, GISS data while others gateways are not. In short, this is the case.

Other findings:

 1.  To start with, under the “search categories” from gateway to gateway they are not consistent. That is, some gateways are in upper case, some are in lower case. See attachment...
 2.  For the same project, for example CMIP5, some search categories contain “Product” and “Ensemble” while others do not. See attachment....
 3.  The number of results returned for CMIP5 are also not consistent. Most return 4309, but some are returning numbers like 4329 or 4244... Shouldn’t the search result return the same number of files and the same search results. This is not good! See attachment...
 4.  Once I’ve selected a project, everything that I see at this point forward should look the same, but they do not. See attachment...

 There are other finds that we should address as a team. See the attached document...

Thanks and best regards,
    Dean