[Go-essp-tech] model names

stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk
Wed Jul 27 01:45:53 MDT 2011

Hi Karl,

To rephrase your query: I think you are saying that some, but not all, of the data with " CSIRO-Mk3-6-0" in the filename has "CSIRO-Mk3.6.0" in the NetCDF attributes.  This could be a problem is in the ESG publisher.  Bob should provide the definitive answer but a quick read of the code suggests the published model name is read from the NetCDF attributes.  It may be possible to override this in the publisher config file but the semantics are  quite complex so I'm not sure.  Otherwise someone would need to update the publisher source.  This would be a couple of line fix to deploy at the NCI datanode.

Cheers,
Stephen.

---
Stephen Pascoe  +44 (0)1235 445980
Centre of Environmental Data Archival
STFC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Harwell Oxford, Didcot OX11 0QX, UK