[Go-essp-tech] Fwd: Expected number of variables for which quality control will be needed

Bryan Lawrence bryan.lawrence at stfc.ac.uk
Wed Jan 5 10:11:06 MST 2011

Hi Karl, Martina

So are we really expecting PCMDI to look at more than 10,000 plots per
day as part of QC level 2?

(Martin's numbers are on an internal wiki, but a back of the envelope
calculation goes something like:
 - one plot per atomic data set,
 - o(10^6) atomic datasets
 - 100 days
 - o(10^4) per day at PCMDI given BADC and DKRZ doing a negligible
amount cf PCMDI under current plans)

Cheers
Bryan