[Go-essp-tech] Fwd: Expected number of variables for which quality control will be needed

Martina Stockhause martina.stockhause at zmaw.de
Thu Jan 6 04:13:51 MST 2011

  Hi, Bryan,

I expect that
- existing errors are found and documented by the QC tool
- errors are analysed and catagorised by the select-Script (part of the
wrapper package) : We are still working on this catagorisation and
evaluation of errors.

The plots are an additional help if the person running the QC is in
doubt and for documentation of QC results. If there were errors in the
data  not found by the QC tool, I would expect that they were visible
within the first few plots.

During QC L3 checks we will double-check the QC L2 results using
logfiles and plots for spot checking.

Best wishes,
Martina

----------- DKRZ / Data Management -----------