[Go-essp-tech] Data Node 404 Error

Sébastien Denvil sebastien.denvil at ipsl.jussieu.fr
Fri Dec 16 09:16:27 MST 2011

  Dear CMIP5 data node administrators,

from time to time ; when downloading data we encounter "ERREUR 404: Not
Found".

It happened on our node for a few files. We had to perform the following
sanity command to be sure:
chmod -R a+rX *

Depending on your constraint the command may be more complex. For
example if the data are not readable by all users be sure that tomcat
belongs to the group able to read the data and be sure that the
corresponding group can read the data.

It may seems absolutely obvious but the tomcat user needs to be able to
read the data. Sorry for such a trivial reminder but ... :-)

Regards.
Sébastien

--
Sébastien Denvil