[Go-essp-tech] FW: New answer to: File paths inside wget scripts seem to vary somewhat

stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk
Thu Aug 11 02:06:41 MDT 2011

If you are already logged in to PCMDI go to http://pcmdi3.llnl.gov and select the "Logout" tab in the top right.  If you don't see "Logout" something else is wrong.

> More generally, I think this looks like a helpful page.  I can imagine, however, that some of the questions might be partially answered by one
> person, corrected and more fully answered by a second person, with possible additional information added by another.  For a user looking for
> answers, it would be helpful, at some point, to give a summary definitive answer, so the user wouldn't have to wade through this a collection of
> answers and corrections.  Is there a mechanism for doing that?

That's exactly what the site is designed to enable.  The user asking the question can select 1 answer as the "accepted answer".  This answer is then marked in green.  Also any user can vote up/down questions and answers as a measure of how relevant or accurate they are, or they can comment on a question/answer.  Administrators can also edit questions and answers.

I have added a comment to my answer about failed login, so once you've logged in you can vote or comment on it.  Also Stephane could accept the answer if he thinks it's good enough.

Cheers,
Stephen.

---
Stephen Pascoe  +44 (0)1235 445980
Centre of Environmental Data Archival
STFC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Harwell Oxford, Didcot OX11 0QX, UK

I couldn't login, but looking at one of the questions, you suggest that when this happens, I should "logout of PCMDI first" (in response to "Using an OpenID from PCMDI ...").  Since I'm at PCMDI, I wasn't sure how to logout of PCMDI.  Can you help?

More generally, I think this looks like a helpful page.  I can imagine, however, that some of the questions might be partially answered by one person, corrected and more fully answered by a second person, with possible additional information added by another.  For a user looking for answers, it would be helpful, at some point, to give a summary definitive answer, so the user wouldn't have to wade through this a collection of answers and corrections.  Is there a mechanism for doing that?

I also noticed that under the "unanswered" tab, there were several questions listed that had already received at least 1 answer.  Is that a bug?