[Go-essp-tech] FW: New answer to: File paths inside wget scripts seem to vary somewhat

Gavin M. Bell gavin at llnl.gov
Wed Aug 10 19:33:14 MDT 2011

 Gentle-people,

By the way the link to the PCMDI Gateway is incorrect....

it is: http://pcmdi3.llnl.gov.llnl/esgcet/

it should be: http://pcmdi3.llnl.gov/esgcet/

Notice that the top url has a top level domain as .llnl
Can someone fix this?

>> Hello spascoe,
>>
>> *estani* <http://esg-dev1.badc.rl.ac.uk/users/9/estani> has just
>> posted a new answer on CMIP5 Help to the question *File paths inside
>> wget scripts seem to vary somewhat*
>> <http://esg-dev1.badc.rl.ac.uk/questions/20/file-paths-inside-wget-scripts-seem-to-vary-somewhat>:
>>

>>     There is a standard for this called DRS
>>     <http://cmip-pcmdi.llnl.gov/cmip5/docs/cmip5_data_reference_syntax.pdf>
>>     and even a best practices documentation
>>     <http://esg-pcmdi.llnl.gov/internal/esg-data-node-documentation/cmip5-best-practices>.
>>     Sadly we can not force data providers to comply with them. We
>>     hope that after the initial discrepancies are recognized, data
>>     providers will slowly migrate to this standard.
>>
>> Don't forget to come over and cast your vote.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> CMIP5 Help
>>
>> P.S. You can always fine-tune which notifications you receive *here*
>> <http://esg-dev1.badc.rl.ac.uk/users/4/spascoe/subscriptions/>.

Gavin M. Bell
Lawrence Livermore National Labs
--

 "Never mistake a clear view for a short distance."
       	       -Paul Saffo

(GPG Key - http://rainbow.llnl.gov/dist/keys/gavin.asc)

 A796 CE39 9C31 68A4 52A7  1F6B 66B7 B250 21D5 6D3E