[Go-essp-tech] CMIP5 Version directory structure update

Bryan Lawrence bryan.lawrence at stfc.ac.uk
Thu Jun 10 08:11:43 MDT 2010

hi Martina

On Tuesday 08 Jun 2010 15:00:41 Martina Stockhause wrote:

> > We think the portal should have the ability to a) allow folks to
> > fill out CIM quality records, and b) tag them to documents.
>
> In the DOI process the WDCC functions as data center for the TIB. We
> have to store these information at the WDCC as well. So we are
> developing for a national project
> (http://umwelt.wikidora.com/wikidora/wiki/About%20the%20project)a
> procedure for the author approval step during the DOI publication
> process, in which the author can change or add some data in the WDCC
> data base, like providing additional quality information or changing
>  DOI authors etc.
> We could use it for CMIP5 and exchange metadata with CIM. The effort
> might be smaller for the development of a small "Doi2CIM" tool than
>  for setting up a CIM author approval page and a "CIM2Doi" tool.

We should work out how to optimise the development effort on this ...
once the questionnaire is released, we'll look at this - clearly we need
a CIM tool to fill in quality records, it might be customisable for your
purpose too, so maybe you could build it ... we can discuss later.

Cheers
Bryan

--
Bryan Lawrence
Director of Environmental Archival and Associated Research