[Go-essp-tech] CMIP5 Version directory structure update

stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk
Tue Jun 8 05:28:59 MDT 2010

Martina,

I haven't been thinking about DOI's so I don't have many answers but
this is my first impression.  I've also cross-posted to metafor as I
believe DOI's are closely related to how we use the Metafor CIM.

> Would a DOI on an experiment be another version tree on the experiment
level with links to the associated
> model_realm versions?
>
> How do we publish an assigned DOI among ESGF? Via the ESG publisher in
a metadata publishing mode or via > the CIM repository?

My understanding is that DOIs will be associated with Metafor CIM
documents that will reference DRS dataset version ids.  So it should be
the Metafor services job to maintain the link between DOIs and datasets.

I believe the datanodes should be kept away from CIM and DOIs entirely.
Metafor services can harvest file-level metadata from the datanode or
gateway, combine it with CIM from metafor questionnaire to produce
complete CIM that can then be published with a DOI.

Cheers,
Stephen.

---
Stephen Pascoe  +44 (0)1235 445980