[Go-essp-tech] Access control for data with different QC Level

V. Balaji V.Balaji at noaa.gov
Tue Jul 20 11:00:49 MDT 2010

Karl, I must disagree. I think the principle that the modeling centers
deserve acknowledgment from users of the data in the form of a citation
has to be a bedrock requirement, and I thought the WGCM leadership
understood and agreed.

I agree that the WGCM may not have a position on QC and versioning per
se, but they are necessary steps for a robust citation system, as the
Michael et al document shows. The WGCM must take a stand on citations.
If they do the rest follows.

I apologize if I am being hasty and misunderstood your remark, as
I'm rushing off to the next damn thing... (It's one of those "one
damn thing after another" days...)

Thanks,

--

V. Balaji                               Office:  +1-609-452-6516
Head, Modeling Systems Group, GFDL      Home:    +1-212-253-6662
Princeton University                    Email: v.balaji at noaa.gov