[Go-essp-tech] [ESG-CET] [Curator] ESGF Telco Tuesday (2/9/10)

Dean N. Williams williams13 at llnl.gov
Tue Feb 9 05:38:09 MST 2010

Dear Colleagues,

	Since we have only 60 minutes to cover a lot of material, I am
sending out the ESGF Project Schedule document and links to NCAR's
Project wiki site for your review before today's telco at 8:00 am PST.
The Project Schedule gives a good picture of what "will" and "won't"
be in the March 31st release, which is only ~ 6 weeks away. With
Stephen's help the new agenda for today will cover:

	1) Discuss the ESGF Project Schedule to clarify what the RED, YELLOW,
and BLUE items mean for the March 31st release.
	2) Replication.
    			a) When will we start replicating: By physical disk? By DML/
GridFTP?
    			b) When will the Gateway software display replicas?
    			c) Will the Gateway software support multiple replicas
published to a single Gateway?
	3) What will the system look like on March 31st?  Will it contain any
real data?  Will we have any real users?  What Data Nodes and Gateways
will we have?
	4) Documentation.
			a) Needed documentations for the modeling groups.
			b) Needed documentation for the users.
	5) MetaFor Questionnaire - How far along is it?
	6) Curator updates

	Attached is the ESGF Project Schedules and additional links:
		a) https://wiki.ucar.edu/display/esgcet/ESG+Gateway+Release+Roadmap
		b) http://proj.badc.rl.ac.uk/go-essp/wiki/CMIP5

	Telco information:
			(925) 424-8105 access code 305757#