[Go-essp-tech] QC L2 Checks on MOHC cmip5 data

martina.stockhause martina.stockhause at zmaw.de
Tue Dec 14 14:08:47 MST 2010

 Dear Karl,

 the plots show on the upper part the global mean, minimum and maximum
 values of the parameter checked and on the bottom plot the error code.
 An error code of zero means no errors detected. The "pass" or "failed"
 of the QC check is written into the experiment log file.

 Your question of an available QC criteria description is to be
 answered: We are currently working on that. Since the results of all
 atomic datasets belonging to an experiment have to be viewed in order to
 decide if the data of this experiment is assigned QC Level 2, we work on
 a suggestion how to deal with errors in the QC checks for single atomic
 datasets. We will our suggestion to the list for discussion as soon as
 we are ready.

 We started to enhance our documentation, too:
 https://redmine.dkrz.de/collaboration/projects/cmip5-qc/wiki . It is
 still work in progress. If there are any demands on more documentation
 and improvements or questions to the given descriptions, please let us
 know.

 Maybe we will even have the opportunity to discuss about the QC checker
 and criteria for the QC Level 2 assignment here in San Francisco.

 Best wishes,
 Martina