[Go-essp-tech] QC L2 Checks on MOHC cmip5 data

Michael Lautenschlager lautenschlager at dkrz.de
Tue Dec 14 05:50:42 MST 2010

Dear Karl,

just a quick answer to your question. We started to document the CMIP5
QC assurance process in our redmine project management server:
https://redmine.dkrz.de/collaboration/projects/cmip5-qc/wiki

Here Martina and Frank collect and reference information which is
related to the QC process in CMIP5 including our two documents on QC and
DOI data publication. Information on QC-L2 could be obtained from the QC
Level 2 section and also a working version of the interpretation of the
QC-L2 output. This is yet not finalised and Martina and Frank will
continue this section next week when they are back from the AGU in San
Francisco.

My idea is that they complete and that we should have a discussion about
the interpretation in order the create a common understanding of what
"QC-L2 passed" means in detail.

I hope this gives a first information, more details will follow next
week. Maybe we can link the given redmine entry point into the CMIP5 web
pages to provide more details on QC within CMIP5.

Best wishes, Michael