CEDAR email: Call for abstracts: AGU session on "Radio observations" [SH09]

Anshu Singh anshusingh628 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 16:10:12 MDT 2024

Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce that we are accepting abstract submissions for
our AGU24 session:
<https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm23/prelim.cgi/Session/191886>SH009 -
Diagnosing heliospheric and terrestrial plasma with radio observations
<https://agu.confex.com/agu/agu24/prelim.cgi/Session/226530>.

*Radio techniques are crucial for diagnosing plasma in the solar
atmosphere, inner heliosphere, and ionosphere. They include remote-sensing
radio spectroscopic imaging for energetic electrons and plasma within the
solar corona, enhancing our understanding of physical processes in the
quiescent and active solar atmosphere, radio scintillations, and Faraday
rotation observations, providing valuable insights into the magnetic field
and plasma conditions in the solar wind and inner heliosphere, Radar, radio
sounding, and GPS techniques to probe the structure and dynamics of the
Earth’s upper atmosphere. These have collectively played an increasingly
vital role in improving our prediction capabilities to space weather
impacts on terrestrial systems, while a full utilization of these
techniques remains on the horizon. This session seeks to unite researchers
who utilize these radio techniques to share findings, discuss
methodological advancements, and explore the integration of data and
methods for comprehensive space weather research, monitoring, and
forecasting.*

As we believe in fostering collaboration and promoting diverse
perspectives, we welcome submissions from researchers at all career stages,
including early-career scientists and students.

The abstract submission deadline is Wednesday, July 31, 2024 at 11:59 PM
EDT/3:59 AM +1 GMT.

Please forward this to your colleagues who may be interested in
our session.

Thank you,

Anshu, on behalf of,

Peijin Zhang, Jason Earl Kooi, Surajit Mondal, Lindsay Goodwin and Anshu
Kumari

--
Anshu