CEDAR email: Ph.D. Position at University of Vale do Paraiba (UNIVAP), Brazil (Marcio Muella / Valdir Pillat)

mmuella mmuella at univap.br
Tue Jun 18 08:23:54 MDT 2024

Dear colleagues,

The Laboratory of Space Physics and Astronomy in the Institute of
Research and Development at the University of Vale do Paraíba (UNIVAP),
São José dos Campos, Brazil, is seeking a Ph.D. student to work in one
of the following subjects:

  	* Ionospheric sporadic E-layers (observation and modeling);
  	* Ionospheric irregularities and scintillations (modeling and
prediction);
  	* Machine learning approach for regional ionospheric study.

The selected candidate will start classes in the second semester of 2024
(middle of August). Programming skills and experience in ionospheric
physics and space weather are desired. We also expect from the candidate
strong ability to work both independently and collaboratively with
individuals from a wide spectrum of backgrounds. The research will be
supported by CAPES Foundation - Coordination for the Improvement of
Higher Education Personnel - within the Ministry of Education of Brazil.
The position includes a scholarship (monthly stipend) and tuition
waiver. The position is for a maximum of 48 months, with the candidate's
performance evaluated after the first 6 months for scholarship renewal.
As our research group has a strong international presence, the student
will have the opportunity to work with scientists from different
institutions.

Applicants should send an email to Marcio Muella (mmuella at univap.br) or
Valdir Pillat (valdirgp at univap.br) for additional information on how to
proceed with the application process. We anticipate that the deadline
for application is June 26.

Marcio Muella, Ph.D. / Valdir Pillat, Ph.D.

Lab. of Physics and Astronomy

Institute of Research and Development (IP&D)

University of Vale do Paraíba (UNIVAP), São José dos Campos/SP, Brazil