CEDAR email: Reminder: Invitation to Participate in MPEC Sessions at GEM 2024

Dogacan Ozturk dsozturk at alaska.edu
Fri Jun 14 18:11:27 MDT 2024

Dear colleagues,

We would like to cordially invite you to participate in the various MPEC
Sessions that will take place during the 2024 GEM Workshop. We have three
stand-alone sessions and three joint sessions this year. The stand-alone
sessions are as follows.

Session 1: Updates on observations and instruments
Day, Time: June 25, 2024, between 13.30-15.00 MDT
Location: Green and Gold

Session 2: Updates on numerical and empirical modelling
Day, Time: June 25, 2024, between 15.30-17.00 MDT
Location: Green and Gold

Session 3: Collaboration session
Please fill out the link for us to better understand community expectations
for this session:  https://forms.gle/wb3g8A2QHx87FD8K7
Day, Time: June 26, 2024, between 10.30-12.00 MDT
Location: Green and Gold

Please contact Doga Ozturk (dsozturk at alaska.edu) and Dong Lin (
ldong at ucar.edu) with the title of your presentation and any other
accommodations you might require if you are interested in presenting by
June 14th. For the update sessions, we kindly ask you to provide 5-minute
updates to briefly introduce the overarching goal of your study, the
methodology used, and conclusions/open questions to allocate sufficient
time for community feedback and discussion. For the collaboration session,
please fill out the short survey (https://forms.gle/wb3g8A2QHx87FD8K7) for
us to better manage participant engagement and expectations. Virtual
presentations are welcome.

For more and up-to-date information about the schedule, please see the GEM
Wiki Page: https://tinyurl.com/mpec-fg

We look forward to seeing you and your active participation in GEM 2024!

Dogacan Ozturk
Dong Lin
Yiqun Yu
Steve Kaeppler